Design Advantages of Clay Bricks
- Clay bricks look beautiful and are widely available and a comparatively forgiving medium for fairly unskilled labour to work with.
- Rain will not necessarily halt the building process if you are building with clay bricks, as it rarely becomes too wet to work with. Using a dryer mortar is frequently sufficient to guarantee acceptable adhesion.
- Versatility of design is another benefit of clay bricks. They can be used as a structural element on their own or in conjunction with reinforced concrete, as a thermal or acoustic insulator, as an aesthetically pleasing cladding or as highly practical filler between concrete and steel.
- Durability is another asset – for centuries, structures of clay brick design from clay brick have stood the test of time.
- A home designed in clay brick is sure to be one that is long lasting and durable. Clay bricks are widely available – making them easily accessible wherever you decide to design your home.
With the popularity of using organic materials in the architecture and interior design, clay brick is experiencing a resurgence in popularity.
Currently, exposed brickwork is a major trend in modern interior design. In the move towards loft apartments and business units, it is often the material of choice – for its industrial-type feel, as well as its durability and its great insulating qualities.
PHONE 1300 911 855