TOP STORY: 9 Simple summer DIY projects using bricks and pavers!
As the weather gets warmer and we all look forward to our holidays and time off, it’s a perfect time to do some of those DIY projects around your home.
There are many creative and fun DIY projects you can do using clay bricks and pavers. They range from very simple like herb spirals to more complex like building your own brick pizza oven.
We’ve pulled together a list of 9 simple brick and paver projects you can get started on today!
1. A stacked-brick fire pit – No mortar or cuts needed, just stacked bricks with an optional gravel base (TIP: you can also use clay seconds pavers for the base)
2. Herb Garden Markers – Clay pavers make the perfect material for labelling your garden herbs as they’re environmentally friendly and unaffected by weather!
3. Painted Paver Bookends – A very simple DIY project which can be as simple or creative as you like!
4. Herb Garden Spiral – Clay bricks or pavers are great for an easy-to-assemble herbspiral! Just stack in your desired pattern!
5. Stacked clay brick bench – Simply stacking clay bricks or pavers and adding a slab or 2 of wood can create a nice garden bench!
6. Stacked brick bird bath – Stacking bricks and pavers makes a perfect base for a birth bath in your garden!
7. Paver succulent and candle planters – This project may require some drilling if using pavers but they look great and will last forever!
8. Clay paver garden pathway – revitalise garden paths and unused space by laying clay pavers!
9. Clay brick outdoor DIY BBQ – This may require a little more effort than some of the other ideas, but it’s a simple design and looks great! There are also non-mortar, simpler variations.
Product of the month: Classic Old Red Sandstock
We would like to pay homage to a great staple item of our range; the classic clay old red sandstock brick. There are few bricks or pavers in history as iconic and timeless as the old red. Seen throughout the world this iconic style is one which has stood the test of time perhaps better than any other. From the England’s high-streets to Red Square in Russia (pictured below), old red looks fantastic.
Here’s a few images of projects using our Old Red Sandstock Bricks (Click to enlarge)
Welcome and Thanks:
We welcome new account customers:
Pentastar Paving, S & A Bell Pty Ltd, Precision Homes (Australia) Pty Ltd, Space Landscape ConstructionPty Ltd, P.C. Romeo
This newsletter’s thank you goes to: ALL OF YOU!
As this is likely going to be our last major newsletter before Christmas we would like to say a big, warm THANK YOU to all our amazing customers who have helped make 2016 another fantastic year.
We wish you and your families health and happiness over the Christmas Holiday season and look forward to seeing you again in 2017!
Christmas closing dates – Our team will be taking a break over Christmas from 2.00pm Friday the 23rd of December and re-opening Tuesday January 3rd, 2017.