For some time we have been working on a range of glazed bricks that offer not only a unique texture and finish, but also incorporate a stunning one-of-a-kind range of colours which stand out a mile away.
We think you will agree, the range of glazed brick blends available from our new series are both beautiful and totally individual, as you would expect from a boutique manufacturing process.
Glazed Bricks, a brief history:
Producing bespoke glazed bricks is not a new process for the industry, nor is it new for Littlehampton Brick. Over the years we have produced various types of glazed bricks and special shapes too. What IS new – the range of unique textures, colours and blends we are now able to make!
Recently, glazed bricks are seeing a large resurgence in discerning building design for their truly unique appearance and incredible longevity. In fact, quality clay bricks as a whole are showing a large resurgence in all building applications worldwide both residential and commercial.
The use of glazed bricks in buildings can be as subtle as just using some as a small feature or they can be used for the entire project as they have the same structural strength as other clay bricks. There is also our range of special shaped bricks which can be produced with a glaze – adding yet another dimension of beauty and form to a design while also opening up a world of creative options.
Click to enlarge images:
Today we’re going to be taking a look at our new glaze range of bricks. These glazed bricks feature unique textures and vibrant colours. They are a hundred per cent designed and manufactured by us right here in our factory.
Littlehampton brick is a hundred per cent Australian family-owned business making a hundred per cent Australian made products. So without any further delay, let’s take a look at the exciting range of colours and blends available in the glazed bricks.
There’s currently five colours to choose from as well as one blend. In the future, we plan to make more colours and more blends. So stay tuned for updates.
All of the glazed bricks also feature the signature Littlehampton texturing to the face of the bricks. If you have ideas for a custom colour that you’d like us to make for a project, simply contact us, and we’ll see how we can help you.
First up, let’s take a look at our unique blend of four of the five glaze colours.
Aquarius is a blue-green blend varying from a dark purple right through some bluey-greens to a light blue. As standard Aquarius comes with an even mix of the colours – twenty-five per cent of each. But it can be adjusted as desired for your project.
Maris is the darkest colour in the glaze brick range. It’s a dark purple-black in colour with shiny little bits of glaze which glint in the sunlight.
Percy is a forest green-coloured glaze brick. So if you’re looking to add a green tone to your project, then that would be the perfect choice.
Laguna is a deep, blue-coloured glaze brick with occasional flashes of a green undertone.
A lot of vibrancy in the colours of Laguna.
Caspian is the lightest glaze brick colour in our range.
It’s a light blue in colour and has a few flares of undertones as well, especially when it gets direct flame when it’s fired.
Lava is the only colour which doesn’t appear in the Aquarius blend of glazed bricks.
It’s a sunset red in colour and really stands out, and can add that wow factor to any project.
As the range grows in popularity, we’ll be developing new colours, new styles and textures.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I request special colours of Glazed Bricks?
- Yes, our standard range of Glazed Brick Colours are just the beginning! We are able to offer custom and bespoke glazed bricks for your project.
- What is a Glazed Brick Blend?
- Glazed brick blends are when you have multiple shades or colours mixed into one batch. For example you might choose to have a range of shades of green colours or perhaps even a range of different colours like blues and reds all mixed together in the blend.
- Can we order custom blends of glazed bricks?
- Yes! By nature, blends will always be custom to a degree and we will offer some suggestions on more standard blends. But if you would like your own custom blend for a project then we will be happy to help.
- Do glazes wear off over time?
- No. Glazes on our bricks are not like paint on a house which can fade and wear off over time. These are specially formulated ceramic glazes which are applied to the bricks before being hard-fired onto them at over 1100 degrees Celsius in our kiln! They are quite literally baked onto the bricks.
- Do the glazed bricks chip easily?
- No, a glaze is generally a fairly thick and durable coating on a brick when applied and fired properly. While there is always a possibility to chip any brick surface (glazed or not) assuming you are handling them properly it shouldn’t be an issue.
- How can I order glazed bricks or speak to someone about them?