Love the recycled brick look? Then look no further!
Introducing our newest brick: Maclaren
Maclaren Brick is part of the Littlehampton Sincero Design Series of bricks.
This addition to the range give the discerning homeowner, architect, builder or designer another option if they would like a recycled brick look without all the hassle and issues that can come with using actual recycled bricks.
Let’s dive in to the specifics of the Maclaren Brick…
Colour: Although made new, like most recycled bricks, the base brick colours of Maclaren are mostly a deep rich red with flashes of caramels and burgundy. Intermittently there are also white, blue and black clays fired on to the bricks to give the range of colours and aesthetics you would come to expect from a recycled product. As these clays are hard-fired on to the bricks themselves, they do not fall off, fade or discolour over time (like paint etc might).
If you want more of the black or blue coloured bricks, we can add more to your order to adjust the ratio. As standard the mix is approximately: 55-65%% Reds/caramels (uncoated bricks) 30-35% White applied (varying coverage) <5% Blue, <5% Black.
Finish and texture
The Maclaren Brick has a 100% bespoke finishing process. This means no 2 bricks are ever exactly the same. Before firing, the edges are dented/rolled randomly, giving a classic recycled style look. Some are heavily dented, others very little and everything in between. The faces also have light texturing to them, adding another layer of randomisation to the appearance of the bricks. Maclaren Bricks are also an extruded brick which helps avoid any further issues that might be associated with pressed/recycled bricks.
Maclaren Bricks are currently produced in the standard Australian Brick Size of 230mm (long) X 76mm (High) X 110mm (Deep). If you require a different profile for a specific project, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to see what we can achieve for you!
READY TO DELIVER! As of the writing of this article, we have already produced stock of Maclaren for backorders and are currently fulfilling new orders.
Additional Benefits and FAQ’s:
Some additional benefits of Maclaren VS an actual recycled bricks are:
- No risk of salt damp and other deterioration issues which may be present in recycled bricks from older buildings
- No availability issues – Maclaren is in stock and ready to ship. As long as you have your order in our system we will keep the stock available for you. (with recycled bricks you could be waiting many months for availability as they are only available when buildings are demolished)
- Consistent colour and size – As with all our products, Maclaren brick is hand graded for quality control, so we make sure all the colours and brick sizes are perfect before sending out. This is not possible with recycled bricks as there was far less quality control of products in the past so the colours and sizes can vary wildly, which presents further challenges when you go to use them in a project.
- Can I get more or less Blue’s and Black’s in the mix? – Yes. If you would like a higher % of Blues or Blacks we can provide them and if you don’t want them in the mix you can just use the back of the brick which will be the red base colour.
- In what states is Maclaren available? – Maclaren is available for delivery Australia-wide
- How many Maclaren bricks per pallet? – There are 500 bricks per pallet.
If you would like to place an order to make sure the stock is available for you, feel free to contact our friendly team now via our contact page!
You can also call 1300 911 855 to speak directly to our office team.